Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yose-mite

I love national parks. It's no secret. However, after going to Yosemite last week, I feel bad for all the other national parks. How can you compete with giant granite walls everywhere and a new waterfall every time you turn around? What isn't my favorite though is the drive there. We broke it up with a stay in Tonopah. Ever heard of it? I hadn't either, but on the drive back the only hotel with rooms was the "Clown Hotel." Complete with giant clowns on the marquee. Over my dead body. So we slept in a church parking lot in the back of the car. We also made detours to Mono Lake on the way there and Lehman Caves on the way back. I've always wanted to go to Mono Lake and it did not disappoint. I mean, I'm not sure I would drive 10 hours just to see it, but it was exactly how I had imagined it.

Back the the point. Yosemite totally delivered.






3 comments:

  1. I never knew you were afraid of clowns. I would rather sleep with demonic clowns than in the car. Well, depends on how creepy they were. What does one charge to sleep in a clown hotel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Yosemite too. One of my favorite childhood trips. I miss the west coast sometimes. You just don't get that kind of greatness out here. :( Or maybe I just haven't had time to look hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i want to go there! and im totally impressed that you slept in the church parking lot!

    ReplyDelete