Friday, September 16, 2011

The fun aunt

I never realized it was possible to like a church calling. That probably sounds horrible. But I've never had one that I really enjoyed. I pretty much just endured them until I got released. Blah blah blah I'm sure they were all good for me blah. Until now. I know it's every person's nightmare to end up in nursery. And I thought it would be mine too. But I know the church's best kept secret. Nursery music leader. I don't have to deal with any of the crying kids, potty time, discipline. Just the kids who want to sing and do puzzles. It really is like being the fun aunt--enjoying all of the good time and then send them back to the teachers for problems. The only downside--I constantly have "The wheels on the bus" running through my head.

3 comments:

  1. I still laugh about this calling. But am a little jealous! And I think what you meant to say about your favorite baby was that your niece is your favorite girl but Jax is your favorite boy. I will have to stop calling you Aunt Kristen if you don't come around...
    But the quilt is gorgeous by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad its going well. I love the nursery! Look up Dr. Jean for some fun silly songs to teach the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singing with little kids IS fun. Especially when they try to do the actions and do them a bit backwards. Miles just started doing the actions with me, and he will even "sing" the last word of each phrase. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete