No, not me, my mom. And this year it was go big or go home.
Who: All my mom's dearest friends
What: Stealthily pulled off surprise party
When: she least expected it
Where: Brandon and Lauren's
Why: Well, because quite frankly because we've slacked a little in the birthday department for mom for the past umpteen years. But maybe that was all part of the plan for years so she wouldn't expect it this year.
I'd say it was a total success. It's been a lot of work in the months leading up to it, but it was a lot of fun. We had quite the spread of food, which was difficult to get it all prepared in a timely manner. My mom is so good at that and I couldn't ask for her help or advice at all. Kyle wasn't able to come because it was near the end of school/because he needed to be at school on Friday and Monday they wanted an absurd amount of money for him to fly to California. He got out of a lot of work that weekend :) At least I was able to put Brandon, Lauren, Aunt Galynn, and Lori to work. I've always been a pretty good task master.
No comments:
Post a Comment